Friday, December 31, 2010

My New Year's Wish

My new year's wish: shall 2011 be a more enlightened year than 2010 was.

You know that not all is well when an influential member of main media outlets says things like this among chuckles:
It has no binding power on anything... The issue with the Constitution is that the text is confusing because it was written more than 100 years ago.
No, this isn't a prank, here's the video:


I wonder what Cato the Younger would have to say about the current state of ideas.

Have you all a great 2011 anyway!

1 comment:

ENNYMAN said...

>>>>the text is confusing because it was written more than 100 years ago.<<<<

The typical idiocy of Modernism. When I was in college (1970-74) I imbibed the philosophy that Modern art is Relevant and the past quite irrelevant. As a result, I failed to take an art history class that was required for a Fine Arts degree because it was ABOUT THE PAST (i.e. pre-1900s) As a result, I never got the fine arts degree because I was one point shy of the appropriate credits. Net net I have a bachelors degree in general studies.

The Past is a Foundation that we build on, not an anchor that holds us back from "Progress."

Good thots.
ed